There’s a lot to consider when it comes to buying a vacuum cleaner in this new technological age, which can make it a little tricky to decide which is the right one for you. When looking at vacuum machines, ease of use, long-lasting performance, and whether it’s able to clean those hard-to-reach places is a great start. Read more about how to choose the right vacuum with our buyer’s guide below.
Your Easy Guide to Buying Vacuum Cleaners
- Consider the type of flooring you have in your home. Wood? Carpet? Tiles? It’s much more economical to shop for a vacuum that can accommodate your needs in every room.
- How much space does your vacuum need to cover? Barrel and upright vacuums are perfect for medium to large-sized homes, and can be great to use in those awkward places like stairs and corners. Stick vacuums are a great all-rounder, and are especially good for spot-cleaning and quick clean-ups.
- Want something that you can easily move around, without the cord trip hazard? A cordless stick vacuum can provide better versatility and handling, with some models able to convert into a handheld vacuum.
- Capacity will also play a major part in what vacuum you choose. Upright and barrel vacuums offer significantly larger dust capacity compared to stick vacuums, though it’s much easier to empty debris from a stick vacuum.
- Suction power is also a must. Upright vacuums, in particular, have wide vacuum heads and powerful motors, and can remove dirt and dust deeply trapped in carpets and rugs. Most models under 1000w, however, will perform well overall.
- Suffer from asthma or allergies? A good filtration system is important when it comes to choosing the right vacuum. Make sure that your vacuum has a 5-step filtration with a HEPA filter, so you can breathe easy as you clean. Some models even allow you to eject dirt without having to touch it.
- Want something that can get into those nooks and crannies? A robot vacuum can make a nice clean sweep around couches, under beds and squeeze into tight corners while efficiently trapping dust, dirt and other impurities. You can even schedule cleaning times and monitor your robot vacuum’s progress on your phone while you’re at work.
Find a vacuum to suit your needs. Head to your nearest Myer store to check out the latest vacuums and vacuum accessories from all your favourite brands. jJoin Myer One for exclusive offers and rewards – the more you spend, the more you earn!