How we choose to present a meal is just as important as preparing the food itself. The perfect set of serverware makes food look even more enticing, able to do it all: Look stylish, feel light in your hands and set the mood for fine dining. When choosing serverware, think in terms of variety, functionality and how it works with the rest of your décor with these quick tips.
Serving Up the Best Serverware Buying Tips
- Start with the essentials: Serving trays and platters in different shapes and sizes are ideal for sumptuous grazing boards or salad bowls. Expand your collection over time with other accessories like a butter dish or a gravy boat.
- Is your serverware just for special occasions? Or do you plan on using it regularly? Opt for tasteful yet practical serverware that you can use all-year round.
- Need a space saver? Serving stands can be a great alternative to having multiple platters and trays, saving space while acting as an elegant centrepiece. Buy a 2 or 3-tier stand for cupcakes, muffins or sandwiches. You can even use it to make a stunning visual statement on your countertop – leave it bare or fill with fruit for a fresh feel!
- Love versatility? One of the most flexible pieces of serverware that you’ll ever own is a set of serving bowls. Use them to share snacks between friends, for tasty salads at lunch, or for more formal events! Buy serving bowls in different sizes to accommodate different foods.
- Planning a high tea? Cake stands, plates and domes also play a major role in serverware. Cake plates are versatile, coming in a range of shapes and sizes, while cake domes keep these delicious desserts fresh. Cake stands, meanwhile, are popular for birthdays, weddings and anniversaries.
- Serverware should be as strong as it is stylish. Bone china has truly classic appeal and an incredible amount of resilience. Stoneware and wood exude strength and warmth, along with rustic charm. Glass is gorgeously refined and non-porous, while crystal is stronger and thinner, retaining more brilliance and clarity.
- Use serverware to complement home décor and other accessories. Put serveware on display in your kitchen or dining room. Place it in a glass cabinet or sit it on top of a buffet or console.
Serve up your next meal in style! Head to your nearest Myer store to check out the latest serveware and other accessories from all your favourite brands.