When it comes to good kitchen design, there needs to be a balance between style and functionality. Not only should your kitchen appliances complement your décor, but they should also allow for more spacious living and be able to serve all of your cooking needs. There’s a lot to consider when buying appliances: what space does it need, does it have the right features, and will it look good? We’re here to help—take a look at our kitchen appliance buying guide below.
Buying the Right Kitchen Appliances for Your Home:
- If you’re moving out of home, you should stick to the essentials. Think about what every kitchen needs, and what you’ll likely use most: a toaster, a kettle, a microwave. A quality sandwich maker is great for a cheap and tasty feed!
- For new homeowners and renovators, tailoring your kitchen appliances to your décor is key. Think about aesthetic appeal. Have a Hamptons-style kitchen with soft neutrals and clean white surfaces? Install a canopy rangehood, along with small appliances like a toaster or kettle in icy white or brushed chrome. More partial to industrial decor? Team with small appliances in a matte black finish. Fancy a more retro feel? Look for vintage-inspired appliances in dreamy pastels with silver accents.
- You don’t want to buy a brand new kitchen appliance and find out it doesn’t fit. Take your measuring tape out first before committing to anything. Dishwashers and ovens in particular need ample wall space and to be elevated for proper access. Set them at least 120cm away from walls and benches.
- Look for energy-efficient appliances: Not only will you reduce greenhouse emissions, but you’ll also cut down on your power bills!
- Make sure to purchase appliances from the same design range, which will create a sleek and stylish sense of cohesion throughout your kitchen—if that’s the look you want.
- Small appliances can introduce a burst of colour to your kitchen, especially If you’re not willing to commit to bold tones. Sit a sunny yellow toaster or glossy red kettle on your countertop for a little added flair, and even match small appliances with one another.
- If you’re not a fan of bold colours, go for soft pastels instead, giving your kitchen a lighter and more modern feel without overwhelming the room.
Find the right appliances for your kitchen! Head to your nearest Myer store to choose from the latest range of kitchen appliances from all your favourite brands. Join Myer One for exclusive offers and rewards – the more you spend, the more you earn!