From your morning coffee to afternoon tea, to a warm hot chocolate at night, kettles provide an essential convenience that we just can’t live without. And with so many kettles on the market, how do you choose the right one for your household? Finding the right kettle boils down to a number of important factors. Check out our handy guide below.
A Handy Guide to Finding the Best Kettle:
1. How many cups of coffee or tea do you enjoy throughout the day? A smaller capacity kettle takes up less space, and is ideal for those who live alone or in a two-person household, while a larger capacity kettle is perfect for families and morning tea with friends.
2. Don’t let your coffee go cold! Many kettles come with programmable temperature settings, so you can have it just the way you like it. Some models even have a ‘Keep Warm’ feature so your coffee’s ready when you are!
3. A good kettle is a fast-boiling kettle. The average time it takes to heat a jug of water is three minutes – If your kettle takes any longer than that, it’s possible you could use an upgrade.
4. A kettle should be easy to handle. Find a model with an ergonomic non-slip handle so your kettle feels easy to move, even while full. Perfect for those mornings when you’re still half-asleep!
5. No more tethered kettles! Some electric kettles don’t need to be plugged into the wall. A cordless kettle not only offers an incredible amount of convenience and easy handling, but it also frees up space on your benchtop. Put your kettle where you want it, not just where the powerpoint lives.
6. Go vintage while keeping modern convenience, or choose sleek and stylish: kettles are available in a vast range of shapes, colours and sizes. A silver kettle in brushed stainless steel is classically stylish and looks great with an industrial or contemporary aesthetic. A black kettle with rose gold accents offers upmarket simplicity, especially in a smooth matte finish. A white kettle stands out against earthy or neutral colour palettes, while a glass kettle is sleek, modern and cool with an unusual twist.
7. Bold lashings of colour can also brighten up a kitchen. You can match your kettle with other small appliances for true eye-catching appeal, or even buy a toaster/kettle combo!
8. Want an air of 1950s cosmopolitan cool? A retro-inspired electric kettle combines timeless elegance with modern day tech, evoking the feel of a chic French or Italian café in your own kitchen.
Fancy a cuppa? Head to your nearest Myer store to choose from the latest range of kettles from all your favourite brands. Join Myer One for exclusive offers and rewards – the more you spend, the more you earn!