Our utensils provide us with a great amount of convenience and ease. Whether you’re cooking for two or whipping up a family feast, your kitchen gadgets should help save you time and effort. Here’s a few tips on how to find the right utensils and gadgets for your kitchen.
Buying Utensils and Gadgets to Suit Your Kitchen
- Make a list of all the things you need: Sink organiser, tongs, soup ladle, mixing bowls, colander, vegetable peeler, spatula. These are the kind of [things that no functioning kitchen can go without]!(https://www.myer.com.au/c/home/all-kitchen/utensils-gadgets/kitchen-utensils-tools)
- Take space into account before buying new utensils and gadgets. If you live in a smaller household, sticking to the essential items helps minimise clutter without compromising on functionality. Having an idea of where your kitchen utensils and gadgets will go beforehand helps keep everything in its place.
- Organisation is also key to finding the right utensils and gadgets. Keep the utensils you use regularly in easy reach—such as the front drawers or in a utensil holder on the countertop. Put graters and soup spoons on hooks inside the pantry door, and pepper mills and chopping boards by your cooktop. Map out according to convenience!
- Why not go all-in-one? A kitchen utensils set can provide you with all you need for cooking up a storm, and be neatly stored away afterwards. Or have them on display to show off to your friends!
- Take the guesswork out of cooking by investing in a set of scales, so you can get that recipe right the first time, every time!
- Nothing is more important than the quality of your kitchen gadgets. Acacia wood is durable with water-resistant properties. Stainless steel is lightweight, highly-polished and easy to clean. Silicone is among the best and most commonly used materials when it comes to kitchen utensils, and is ideal to use on non-stick cookware—it also won’t absorb food stains.
- New kitchen tools provide a great opportunity to inject colour and style to décor. Think multi-coloured mixing bowls and utensil sets for something a little playful, or smooth stainless steel for truly lasting style. Wood and bamboo, meanwhile, can provide a sense of warmth and atmosphere to a clean, contemporary aesthetic.
Make cooking a lot easier! Head to your nearest Myer store to check out the latest utensils, gadgets and other kitchen accessories from all your favourite brands