Mixers & Food Processors
Let’s face it – all that chopping, slicing and dicing can sometimes be a real chore... So why not let a food processor do all the hard work? At just the touch of a button, you can tackle even the toughest fruits and veggies, and so much more! A food processor is the perfect all-in-one machine to suit any kitchen. And with so many different options to choose from, how do you know which is right? Take a look at our buying guide below.
Finding the Best Food Processor:
1. What meals do you make often? If you have a large household or entertain friends and family often, a large 9-14 cup processor can offer a wide chute, more features and an impressive amount of horsepower. An average-sized 8-cup capacity machine is good for those who are new to food processing, while a small food processor with a 2-4 cup capacity and basic functionality is better suited to simpler tasks. like dicing carrots or chopping onions.
2. Food processor or mixer? There is some overlap between food processors and an electric mixer – they can both whisk and beat ingredients. But because your food processor has sharp, fast-spinning blades, it might end up reducing your mixture to a puree. So look for a food processor that comes with a whisk accessory so you can whip and stir without worry!
3. Use your food processor often? A well-sealed lid and dishwasher-safe parts, along with a leak-proof bowl, will ensure clean-up is always a breeze! Having a food processor with a smooth, round finish will also mean less chance of any food getting trapped in the bowl or lid.
4. Want to chop less? The larger the chute, the less chopping you’ll have to do. The chute on a food processor should be wide enough to fit a whole apple or tomato without the need to cut it up first.
5. Keep it stable: Food processors can shift quite a bit while processing food. Rubber grips at the base of the machine help keep the unit stable.
**6. Consider attachments and accessories: **More attachments and accessories mean more variety at mealtime. Knead dough with a dough blade, mash potatoes with a mashing tool or use a chip blade for making delicious French fries!
Know your available space: Although handy, food processors can also take up quite a bit of bench space. Before buying, map out how much space is available or find a convenient place to store it.
Time to get processing! Head to your nearest Myer store to choose from the latest range of food processors from all your favourite brands. Join Myer One for exclusive offers and rewards – the more you spend, the more you earn!