Fragrances will be experienced a little differently from one person to the next. When choosing a men’s perfume, you’ll want to take into account your personal preferences, as well as how well the fragrance complements your own scent. We’re here to demystify men’s fragrances and help you find the perfect parfum for you.
A men’s cologne for every man
Know your perfume product
- Cologne typically contains about 2-4% perfume oils, lasts around 2 hours, and has a fresh, fruity and classically masculine scent.
- Eau de toilette contains anywhere from 5-15% perfume oils and lasts about 3 hours.
- Perfume, or Eau de Parfum, is roughly 15-20% pure perfume, with a wear time of 5-8 hours.
- Parfum is the most highly concentrated formula, being 20-30% perfume oils, and can last as long as 24 hours.
- Aftershave, used (unsurprisingly) after shaving to soothe and heal the skin, is typically lightly fragranced and can be used in place of cologne for a more delicate hint of scent.
Find what smells good to you
Everyone experiences scents differently. Some may transport you to a fond memory from childhood, or perhaps a certain cologne reminds you of someone you admire. From earthy, wood notes through to citrus scents, there are many variations to explore.
While you’re sniffing out your favourite perfumes, notice the scent notes in each so you can start to get an idea of what appeals to you (and what doesn’t). The best way to test a perfume is by applying a very small quantity to the inside of the wrist and inhaling the scent directly from your skin. And if you notice someone who smells particularly great, don’t be afraid to ask what fragrance they’re wearing!
All that is left to do is hit the fragrance department and start smelling. Found some colognes that pique your interest? Ask a Myer in-store representative to help you find other scents with similar notes to help you narrow the field. Our extensive range means you’re sure to find a fragrance that suits, but it can be a heady experience investigating them all!