*This item is classified as Big & Bulky. Change of Mind Returns isnotavailable for Big & Bulky items as per our returns policy. Please consider the product carefully before purchasing
Why a specific cot for the early learning sector?
In mid 2011, Work Safe Victoria discovered carers were suffering from multiple skeletal injuries caused by the repeated manual handling and bending into cots. The injuries caused vary but are caused primarily by the repeated bending into lower level cots. Work Safe Victoria proceeded to issue Early Learning Centers infringement notices and required centers to change their cots to a more suitable cot to reduce the injuries caused.
The options for Early Learning Centers were limited to Cots that did not meet Australian Standards or metal cots which didn't meet the comfort and assurance requirements of parents and carers.
The next step . . . In consultation with various associations including Work Safe Victoria, Kindergarten Parents Victoria (KPV), Good Start Childcare, Fair Trading Victoria, Fair Trading Queensland and one of Australia's leading ergonomists, Chris Fitzgerald, babyhood took up the challenge of developing a Cot specific for the this industry's needs. This was no easy task as it required new innovation, new technology and the consensus of all the related parties as to what was best for carers, babies and parents.
Almost 14 months later babyhood designed and manufactured the Original Ergonomic Cot, which was proudly launched at the KPV Conference.
The unique Australian Patented* and Design Registered Cot was designed to reduce the stress placed on carers by increasing the base height and making access to the child easier. The design allows carers to get closer to the child to reduce the impact of the weight of a child.
Standards and Regulatory Requirements.
The Original babyhood Ergonomic Cot is tested to AS/NZS 2172:2003 and complies with AS/NZS 2172:2010 , Australian Standard for Domestic use Cots as well as the Commercial Tip Test Standard. The cot is tested by the highly regarded NATA accredited testing facility Furntech AFRDI (Australian Furnishing Research and Development Institute) to ensure that the cot is safe and meets with the Standards noted above.
Why a mini version?
Since the great success of the Original Ergonomic Cot, it has become apparent that centers with smaller spaces and parents and grandparents would love the Ergonomic Cot, for their smaller spaces . . . so we designed a smaller version with all the great features of the original, just smaller.
- A mini version of the amazing original Ergonomic Cot
- Ergonomically designed to save your back with an easy two push button soft drop side
- Stylish and unisex design to suit the workplace and modern homes
- Better for you and baby as it is sustainable with real clear A grade New Zealand plantation timber
- Ergonomically positioned single base height that is better for you
- 4 x lockable heavy duty wheels so it can be used as an evacuation cot
- Safer for baby with BPA-free teething rails that are very discreet
- Tested to AS/NZS 2172:2003 and complies with AS/NZS 2172:2010 Australian Standard for Domestic use Cots.
- Great colour options : white & beech
Recommended mattress size - 1000 x 600 x 100mm
Assembled dimensions - 107 x 67 x 126cm high
Carton dimensions - 128 x 76 x 21cm
Carton weight - 24kg
When using a babyhood cot we recommend that you follow safe sleeping practices. Whilst we appreciate and respect a parents right to make the right choices for their family, there are guidelines recommended by the medical experts for safer sleeping for your babies because we all want happy and healthy bubs.
These guidelines include:
- flat mattress
- firm mattress
- on their back
- no excessive bedding or loose toys
- If you have questions about how to use our products please call us or email us, we are always happy to guide you to create a safe environment for your baby using our products.
- All cots and change tables do not include a mattress or change mat.
- Mattresses and change mats are sold separately.
- Images are provided for illustration purposes only and products may vary from images.
- You will be notified of all items out of stock, after you place your order.
- Waiting times can be up to 12 weeks.